Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Welcome To Hell

I've never done this before. Bear with me.

These words have been uttered before. By first-time neurosurgeons, skydiving instructors, airline pilots, and the members of Attack Attack! when describing their musicianship.

Luckily, my situation isn't nearly as life threatening.

I'm here to explore heavy metal and to report on my discoveries. Being into metal for a few years, I still find myself passing through gateway bands and out of the mainstream. My simple goal is to cover new and exciting metal artists as I find them. With that mission statement in mind, a short list of some of my favorite metal bands....from up-and-comers to the all-time legends...

Iron Maiden
Baroness
Skeletonwitch
In Flames
Between The Buried And Me
God Dethroned
Hung
Possessed
Primordial

Not as grand of an introduction as Churchill's speech before Aces High, but I hope it set the tone for an exciting trip through all places dark and evil.

Welcome to Hell!

\m/

2 comments:

  1. Eh, Attack Attack? that's gonna make a lot of metalheads take one look and say no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True but it was used sarcastically...I'll remove them from the tags just in case

    ReplyDelete