Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Noise Pollution

They say that you play too loud. Well baby, that's tough.

And those words made Bon Scott my hero forever. Brian Johnson shared the same sentiment with "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution". Rock and metal were made for two purposes, to put a smile on your face and to be played LOUD. Dangerously loud. Headphones don't do the music justice, you can't feel the sound. The average listener today is confined by their laptop's volume. That's where the majority of my music is kept, and small external speakers don't help much. So when I need volume, I pop a cd in my stereo. I've also tried running my computer through my guitar amp as a speaker, which loses some quality in the process. But it's LOUD. And needless to say, it's caused some complaints, especially in college. My first noise complaint (of many) was AC/DC's "Down Payment Blues". I remember The Living End caused some issues with "Carry Me Home", and my neighbors were never too fond of Skeletonwitch and God Dethroned. Even Iron Maiden was frowned upon. Now if someone asks politely and respectfully, I turn it down. But if they're rude and insulting, they can have my volume control when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

My question is, what were some of your first noise complaints? How do you usually respond when someone tells you to turn it down? By holding your ear and mouthing "What??" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment